Creating a YouTube Account
1) Go to www.youtube.com
2) Click “Create Account” in upper right corner
3) Create a username, complete the requested information, accept the terms of service
4) If you currently have a Google account, enter that information to complete registration and click “Sign In” to continue.
5) If you do not currently have a Google account, enter your current email address, create a password, and click “Create Account And Finish” to continue.
Uploading Videos on YouTube
Once you’ve finished editing your video, made sure it’s 1-3 minutes in length, smaller than 2GB in size, and in an acceptable format, you’re ready to upload it.
1) Go to www.youtube.com
2) Click the Upload link at the top of any YouTube page.
3) Click the “Browse” button to browse for the video file you’d like to upload to our site. Select the file you want to upload.
4) Click the ‘Upload Video’ button to start the uploading process.
5) As the video file is uploading, enter as much information about your video as possible in the relevant fields (including Title, Description, Tags, and Category). You’re not required to provide specific information, but the more information you include, the easier it is for users to find your video!
6) Click the ‘Save changes’ button to save the updates you’ve made to the video file.
To record a video directly into YouTube, you’ll need to have:
- A YouTube account
- A confirmed email address
- A webcam or camcorder attached to your computer
If you have all of these things, follow the steps below to upload to YouTube directly from your webcam/camera:
1) Sign in to YouTube. Make sure your camera is attached to the computer and working.
2) Go to the “Record From Webcam” page (http://www.youtube.com/my_webcam).
3) Enter the information about your video in the left column. This is required before you begin recording.
4) If you get a message that says “www.youtube.com is requesting access to your camera and microphone,” click the “Allow” button.
5) If you don’t see a picture in the record section, you may need to choose a different video source from the video dropdown in the “Record Video” window.
6) Once you see a picture coming from your camera, click the “Record” button to start recording your video.
7) When you’re finished recording, click the “Done” button if you’re satisfied with your video, or click the “Re-Record” button if you’d like to try recording it again.
Embedding Your Video From YouTube
1) Sign in to YouTube.
2) Click on your username and then choose “My Videos” from the menu.
3) Click the link for the video you want to upload.
4) Scroll down and click the <Embed> button at the lower right corner of your video.
5) Click Ctrl+C to copy the highlighted text.
6) Go to videoswithheart.heart.org and click Ctrl+V to paste this text in the appropriate field.